My AB - 1

I have started my new Altered Book, formerly An Outline Survey of Journalism, a trashed library book so it's missing the title page, estimated printing date - probably late 1930s, and according to the Prefatory Note, it is a second edition. My first AB was the book I gave to my mother for Yule, a book about my Grandmother (her mother). This book is all me: about me, by me, etc. This may not be the most professional thing I have ever done or the most attractive, in fact, it might be kind of childish and stupid to most. I honestly do not care. LOL So much of my art is done for other people, as gifts or to impress someone, etc., that I rarely do anything for MY pleasure.

This is a collage on the first opening page, using images from magazines (recent and old). The cat in the mouth started off as me being silly but as I worked and found other things to add, seemed to fit into a theme of a couple of my obsessions - my sight, my taste (puns intended) and my desires. *wink*

No comments: