Goddess and Child


Goddess and Child
Originally uploaded by topazcat

Made for my best friend for Yule. I'm giving it to her today, hope she likes it. The robe is black but the lining is opalescent white pearl. I tried to make the coloring of both the Goddess and Child the same as my friend and her daughter. (I even painted the toenails pink. lol) If you can't tell by the detail shot, it's a triple moon on her forehead.

These are old resin statues I found at a deep (deeeeep) discount store. The sculpts themselves are rather nice, but rough (need some sanding) but since they were mass painted in China, the details are usually not very good and even if one liked it as is, it has to be retouched.

I altered one before and it was auctioned off successfully at a PPD fund raiser.

No comments: